The Arabic language is a language that is spoken by millions of people in the Middle East and North Africa ( MENA ) region and is considered the fourth most spoken language in the world. The Arabic language is the official first language in 26 various countries situated in the Middle East and North Africa and spoken by millions of people. These countries may differ in traditions and cultures but are united by Arabic language. It is the second language also for millions of people that use it in relation with religion, since the Q’uran is written in Arabic.
What are the most important characteristics of the Arabic language ?
- First: The Arabic language of the Quran. Millions of Muslims in the world read The holy book Qur’an and Arabic is the language of the Qur’an. The Qur’an was written in Arabic and is read in Arabic language too. It is of maximum importance to the followers of the Islamic religion, because it is the language source of two key legislation in Islam: the Qur’an, and the Irrigated hadith of the Prophet Mohammed.
- Second: Popularity, Arabic language is the official language of the Arab League, and it is one of the official languages in the United Nations (UN) , and the Organization of Islamic Conference, and the African Union. Arabic language is one of the most widely spoken languages in the world, spoken by more than 422 million, distributed in the region known as the Arab world, in addition to the many other nearby areas such as Iran and Turkey, Chad, Mali and Senegal.
- Third: Arabic language is also the liturgical language of a number of major Christian churches in the Arab world, As also many and most important intellectual works of the Jewish religious in the Middle Ages. Following the spread of Islam, and its founding nations, the Arabic language became very important and the language of politics, science and literature for centuries in the territories ruled by Muslims. Arabic language influenced directly or indirectly many other languages In the Muslim world such as Kurdish, Turkish, Persian and Urdu.
- Fourth:The Arab language consist of 28 written letters (alphabet) and is written from right to left, unlike a lot of the languages in the world – and from the top to the bottom of the page. In the Arab world, Arabs calls the Arabic language “The daad language” because they believe that it the only language in the whole world that contain the letter daad. ” ض”
- Fifth: Clarity, ease and flexibility and sophistication.
- Sixth: The degree of regulation.
- Seventh: Exclusive and conciseness.
- Eighth: The availability of language development.